A family business of the highest standards serving Derbyshire, South Yorkshire & the Peak District
Why Choose Us
We care more than the average builder!
- We’re an approved Derbyshire Trusted Trader, which helps you find honest & reliable traders at a fair price
- Our staffing policy places politeness and trustworthiness high on the list so that our clients are treated with respect at all times.
- ‘Tidy Site = Safe Site’ policy.
- We always maintain an honest and open dialogue with our clients. Our excellent reputation is due to our friendly, approachable, ‘can do’ attitude which makes the whole building experience a more enjoyable one.
- Together we can give a little back to the world! 10% of our annual profits go to:
Fixed price, competitive quotes
- You will know upfront what the total job cost will be.
- Any extras you request during the job are priced and agreed at the time – no surprises at the end!
Eye for detail
- We are specialists in bespoke buildings, traditional detailing, and stone/oak/glass work.
- Anything an architect can design, we can build! We are always looking for unique or unusual projects, so please get in touch.
- 10 year warranty on all new builds and self builds
- 12 month ‘no quibble’ call back guarantee on all other work.
- All our plumbers are Gas Safe registered and our electricians are NICEIC registered.
Professional project management
- We always use project management charts, so that everyone can keep up to date with progress.
- We never leave your job until it is finished – no ‘site hopping’.
- On larger projects we can offer a full Project Management Service from initial design advice right through to final decorating. This can include advice on land purchase, applying for planning permission, applying for service connections, dealing with surveyors and even interior design & lighting.
"The attention to detail and quality standards were excellent, and apart from the agreed extras, the job came in on budget as quoted"
Mr. Thorpe, Chesterfield
Hadfield Design & Build have a consistently positive attitude which was evident throughout the build and transformed a potentially stressful experience into an altogether rewarding one
Mr Ayres, Chesterfield
"We are totally delighted with the end result and the attention to detail that was delivered by the builders. The team were reliable and conscientious. They ensured deliveries were made on time and sub-contractors were on site as and when required. A first class job and completed on time”
Mr & Mrs Hughes, Matlock
"We have never before had tradesman who were so considerate of our privacy, diligent in tidying up and careful of our property. We would have no hesitation in unreservedly recommending you to others and would be happy for you to quote this”
Mr Rowles, Chesterfield
Planning & Design
- We are always happy to meet you at an early stage to advise on design and layout.
- We can give you a rough estimate of cost based on your initial ideas, prior to contacting an architect.
- Our input at this stage can save you time and money later on in the project as we have designed and built many of our own new builds and conversions. This expertise helps us to quickly pinpoint the best layout for any plot as well as advising on the most beautiful and liveable design for your budget.
- Choosing the right architect for your needs can be difficult and time consuming. The ones that we can recommend have been chosen based on our many years of experience working with the best people in Sheffield, Chesterfield, Derby and the Peak District. We only use architects who combine an excellent eye for detail with an understanding of cost effective, value driven construction design.
- Once you have chosen your architect, your planning drawings will be drawn and submitted to the local authority.
- Typically 8-12 weeks after submitting your application you will receive the approval letter. Often they will require material samples prior to starting on site and we would deal with this on your behalf.
- We can also work with the architect to amend the construction design if this is requested by the planners during the application phase.
- Remember that not all works require planning permission. Permitted development rights exist so check planningportal.gov.uk
- Your architect will also draw up your technical specification drawings for approval by the local building control. Approval typically takes 2-3 weeks.
- Hadfield Design & Build have an excellent reputation amongst local building control inspectors and we will liaise with them at every key stage inspection during the project.
- We will also deal with the final inspection, testing and certification of the work prior to requesting the final stage payment. This would signify the start of the warranty period on your work.